Yahya bin Ariffin
Independent Non-Executive Director
Yahya bin Ariffin, aged 66 is a Malaysian male. He is the Independent Non-Executive Director of the Company and was appointed to the Board on 11 August 2022.
A summary of his qualification and working experience are set out below:
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION
- Diploma in Agriculture Science from Universiti Putra Malaysia
- Began his career in 1979 as Trainee Assistant on West Estate under a training scheme for Ketengah Jaya Sdn Bhd, responsible for monitoring daily harvesting and field operations. Left in 1980.
- Joined Kumpulan Guthrie Berhad (now known as Sime Darby Berhad) in 1980 as Planting Assistant, responsible for assisting in maintenance operation and developing strategies to improve production. Promoted several times and in 2006, seconded to Minamas Plantation, Kalimantan, Indonesia as Acting Senior General Manager of Estate Operations, responsible for overseeing the overall estates & mills operations.
- Upon the merger of plantation units in Permodalan Nasional Berhad in 2007, appointed as Head of Plantation Operations for the Kalimantan/Sulawesi region, responsible for managing the overall operations of estates and mills.
- Returned to Malaysia as Estate Advisor in 2013 under Sime Darby Plantation Berhad, responsible for providing advisory services on the overall plantation’s operation and strategic planning up to his retirement in 2017.