Tan Sri Dato’ Chen Kooi Chiew @ Cheng Ngi Chong (Tan Sri Alex Chen)
Non-Independent Non-Executive Chairman
Tan Sri Dato' Chen Kooi Chiew @ Cheng Ngi Chong, a Malaysian male aged 80, is our Non-Independent Non-Executive Chairman and was appointed to our Board on 19 November 2004.
Tan Sri Alex Chen is also currently the Group Executive Chairman of MKH Berhad. A summary of his qualification and working experience are set out below:
EDUCATION & QUALIFICAION
- Secondary education at SMJK Yu Hua, Kajang
- Higher secondary education at Han Chiang High School, Penang
EXPERIENCE & ACHIEVEMENTS
- Has over 44 years of experience in property development and construction related businesses and 30 years of experience in the oil palm plantation sector.
- Began his career in 1962 manning his family business involved in fruits selling
- In 1970, ventured into oil palm plantation with the acquisition of a 300-acre oil palm estate in Malaysia, which he later sold in 1973
- Founded Srijang Bena Sdn Bhd (currently known as MKH Berhad) in 1979 and assumed the role as the Managing Director and spearheaded its listing in 1995
- In 2006, redesignated as Group Executive Chairman of MKH Berhad, a position he presently holds
- Under his leadership, MKH Berhad Group ventured into the oil palm business in Indonesia in 2008 via the acquisition of SJL Utama Pte Ltd which owned 95.0% equity interest in PT MKH at that time