Tan Hoe Hing
Independent Non-Executive Director
Tan Hoe Hing, aged 72 is a Malaysian male. He is the Independent Non-Executive Director of the Company and was appointed to the Board on 11 August 2022.
A summary of his qualification and working experience are set out below:
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science from University of Malaya
- Post-graduate diploma in Maize Production from International Maize and Wheat Improvement Center, Mexico
- Master of Agriculture in Agriculture (Farm Management) from University of the Ryukyus, Okinawa, Japan
- Began his career in 1976 as Agriculture Officer in Department of Agriculture of Malaysia, responsible for ensuring all agricultural practices and products are in compliance with the local regulations and to ensure effective farm operations. Promoted several times and retired in 2007 as Director of Paddy, Industrial Crops and Floriculture, responsible for overseeing and providing services on the development of these agricultural commodities.
- In 2008, appointed by Malaysian Agrifood Corporation Berhad as the Vice President, Standards and Certification in which he was responsible for adoption of Good Agricultural Practice in corporate-owned farms and carrying out farm audits on suppliers’ farms to make sure they comply with good agricultural practice. Left in 2011 upon completion of contract period.
- Engaged on contract basis by Cypark Resources Berhad since 2015, to project manage agricultural integrated solar farm projects involving the production of high valued crops in solar greenhouses. Also leads a horticultural team to carry out quality and performance improvement, developing standard operating procedures and methodology for effective operation under controlled environment in solar greenhouses.