Ong Kim Pin
Independent Non-Executive Director
Ong Kim Pin, aged 72 is a Malaysian male. He is the Independent Non-Executive Director of the Company and was appointed to the Board on 11 August 2022.
A summary of his qualification and working experience are set out below:
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATION
- Bachelor of Agricultural Science from University of Malaya
- Master of Science majoring in Crop Production and Physiology from Iowa State University of Science and Technology, USA
- Began his career in 1976 as Agricultural Officer in the Department of Agriculture of Malaysia, responsible for managing the production of cocoa, coconut and coffee planting materials in Perak.
- Took a paid study break in 1980 to pursue his Master of Science and in 1983, continued services in the Department of Agriculture of Malaysia managing and specialising in the production of cocoa, coconut, coffee seeds and other planting materials up to 1988.
- In 1988, joined Eastern Plantation Agency (Johor) Sdn Bhd (now known as EPA Management Sdn Bhd), a subsidiary of Kulim (Malaysia) Berhad as an Agronomist, responsible for assessing, evaluating and recommending the agronomy practices of oil palm, rubber and cocoa crop production. Promoted to Comptroller and Department Director of Research and Development in 1996 and 2002 respectively, responsible for managing research and development activities in the field of agronomy and on the technical aspects of the production of various plantation crops such as oil palm, rubber, tea, coffee and banana, up to his retirement in 2007.
- Post retirement, acted as freelance consultant for plantation crop advisory, research and feasibility studies, technical advisory and training, to several oil palm companies in Malaysia and Indonesia namely, Consulting Advisor (Agronomy) with EPA Management Sdn Bhd) (a subsidiary of Kulim (Malaysia) Berhad (2007 to 2013), Consultant (Research and Development) with Sarawak Oil Palms Berhad (2012 to 2022), Consultant (Planting Advisory and Agronomy Consultancy) for Unico Desa Plantations Berhad (2013 to 2014), Consultant (Agronomy Consultancy and Planting Advisory) for Incasi Raya Group (Indonesia) (2015 to 2017) and Consultant (Agronomy) for Kwantas Corporation Berhad (2020 to 2022).